Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Super Stripes!

I was hanging out with Masha while doing my striped challenge nails and had the cutest inspiration! I really like how they turned out. I hurt my hand recently fallen down some icy steps steps and banged up my hand, so I apologize for the the yuck that still hasn't healed on it, this is the first I've painted them since that happened. I'll post a picture at the end of my hand the day after the fall, it looked pretty gross and it took me a few days before my nails stopped being too sensitive to file down. Just warning you guys in case you don't want to see that!




Here I started by painting on OPI Can't Find My Czechbook for the base. I wanted a little more dimension under the stripes so I gradiented China Glaze Sea Spray over it. I used striping tape to tape off where I wanted the base to show through and painted China Glaze Swanky Silk. I like Swanky Silk a lot more than I thought I would. I felt like most of the China Glaze Bohemian Luster Chrome collection looked very duochrome in the bottle, but it didn't translate onto the nail. I was pleasantly surprised that in various lighting I could see a pink/peachy/lavender tint to this pretty gold!!

So now here's what my injury looked like:


Ouch!! Like I said it took me a few days before I could fix the mess it did to my nails. So glad It's getting better! Thanks for reading!

~Love Raine

3 comments:

  1. Omg, your hand looks pretty sore, hope it's all better now. Really sorry about your fall. Beautiful nails tho and they look amazing compared to the fall photo :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hurt a lot but its getting much better. Thank you so much for the complement and condolences! :D

      Delete
  2. Is that handplaced glitter I see? :o
    I've always loved the look of hand placed glitter but the only ones I've seen are super complicated with LOTS of handplacing- since my hands shake, I can't really do that. But this one is simple enough I might just try it! (:

    ReplyDelete