Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Flowers have the Power!

Hello Everyone! I was so excited for this challenge because I LOVE doing flower nails! After some long contemplating about what kind of flowers I should I just decided to wing it. Haha. I started with one of my favorite polishes and pulled out some acrylic paint and just did what came to me. Warning, this post will be a little more picture heavy than my usual ones, I was experimenting with different lighting. I want to make a light box pretty soon, but until then I'm seeing what works best. I'd love to hear your opinions on which lighting you think is the best!! Enjoy!

Outside - Shade



Inside - Flash



Outside - Sunlight






Like I said I started with one of my favorite colors here for the base China Glaze Elephant Walk, It's an awesome greenish gray with a slight shimmer to it, although you can't really see the shimmer in the photos. Then I mixed some acrylic paints together to make that dark berry magenta color and painted it on with a really small brush ^_^. The white flowers are a mix of white with a little silver and gold acrylic paint (again you can't really see that in the photos :(. As a finally touch I added some glitter shade to the flowers with Butter London Shambolic. It has a lot chunkier pieces in it, but I made sure not to grab it for this particular mani. It needed something more so I added a black gem in the middle of the main flower on each nail. All in all I really like how this manicure turned out and I'm going to be really sad when I have to take it off.

As always, Thanks for reading!!

~Love Raine

No comments:

Post a Comment