Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Galaxy Nails! Version 2.0!!

Hello everyone! I had so much fun with this manicure! Yeah, it took longer than usual, but the result was so worth it. I don't want to take it off! GAH!!! So without further adieu I will get right into the good stuff! Enjoy!!!

Outside - Sunlight


Outside - Flash




Inside - Flash




I'm not going to go into many details  on how I got these done. If I did I would have to do a separate tutorial for each nail. Really, I just wanted to do a different version of galaxy nails (since I see so many people do it so similarly.) Most of it is done freehand with a very fine paint brush, and then some sponge gradient and use of my dotting tool. For the base I used Color Club Beyond, a gorgeous black holo that radiantly stands out in the sunlight, even though you can't really see in these photos. For the rest I used an assortment of polish colors and acrylic paint (I'll list the polish below, though you can really use whatever colors, it doesn't really make a difference.)

  • Teal: China Glaze Aquadelic
  • Blue: Cosmetic Arts - Doesn't say a name :(
  • Red: American Apparel Nail Lacquer Lipstick
  • Pink: China Glaze Dance Baby
  • Orange: China Glaze Peachy Keen
  • Periwinkle: OPI You're Such a Budapest
  • Cream: Zoya Jacqueline
  • L. Purple: Orly Purple Pleather
  • D. Purple: Zoya Perrie

To get inspiration on doing something different with my galaxy nails I googled "Galaxy" and "Galaxy Art" and "Planets" and other things to find inspiration for the designs I wanted to do. As a bonus, here are the pics I pulled inspiration from: 







I hope you all enjoyed today's post! Until next time, take care!

~Love Raine
   



4 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful and your hard work really paid off.

    Stunning.

    N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's not so much work when you love doing it :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I guess that's a crowd favorite!

      Delete