Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daenerys Dragon Egg Nails


So, on Friday night Masha, from Lost in Lacquer and I decided to do Dragon egg nails! I know this isn’t part of the challenge, but I had to show all of you! These were inspired by the show Game of Thrones on HBO; based on the Daenerys Targaryen’s dragon eggs. The idea came from Candy Glaze's dragon egg tutorial. Mine aren’t nearly as good as her’s, but I think they’re alright for a first attempt!


Now I decided to not do the actual color of her eggs, but my own take on it. I began with painting my nails with China Glaze Hook and Line and then covering them with OPI DS Extravagance. Quickly using a small dotting tool I engraved the scale design. This was tough and I had to re-do a couple because if the polish dried then the tool would pull it right off. I finished by sponging on some more Hook and Line for the texture on the egg. I opted not to use top coat, unlike the tutorial, because it took away the cool textured effect.
The Egg in the picture belongs to Masha’s mom; it is an awesome paper-weight that came with the Game of Throne’s DVD set.
Here is a picture from the series of Daenerys’s chest of dragon eggs.


So after we were done painting our nails we had a little fun taking pictures of the egg in various places around her house. We found that the egg is quite photogenic and had a good laugh doing it!!
~Love Raine

2 comments:

  1. I love these nails, I think I will do this with my three colours challenge. It looks so cool! Also any reason to use my dotting tool is a good reason :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a fun mani to wear! Make sure you do the technique quickly or the polish dries and drags :)

      Delete