Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Untried Polish Challenge - Day 1 (One Color)!

Hey Everyone!  Today marks the first day of a new era…….just kidding. Though today is the first day that I am starting a new nail challenge! YAY! This challenge was created by the wonderfully talented Jonochi at Just Add Polish, and if you ask me it’s a brilliant idea! How this challenge works is; you’re not allowed to use any polish you’ve used before, untried polishes only. Since so very MANY in my collection have gone untried, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to stray away from the ones I usually grab. What makes this even more exciting is that we’ve got a whole group of ladies participating with us! Talk about motivation!! You all will have to stay tuned until the end of the post to see just who these lovely ladies are, along with the challenge rules and list of themes. Thanks Jo for coming up with such a great idea!!



The first day called for just one polish, one color, you have never used before. I didn’t feel like just doing a color swatch, so here is my one color nail art! Enjoy!


Inside - Flourescent light

 


Inside - Flash




So yes, if you look at these two very different lightings it looks like I have completely different polishes on. Honestly neither of these does this color justice! For these I used Venique Wrapped in Jewels.  If you look up swatches of this I hope you will see that it is a lot more purple toned with kind of a blue duo depending on the lighting. The flash clearly took away any hint of purple, but in the fluorescent light you can’t see any blue or shine. Yes, I desperately need a light box! It is on my extensive to do list currently. Not only did I do and take these in the middle of the night, but I kind of rushed (sorry for the imperfections, I was SO tired!) a light box will definitely solve this problem. SOON! I promise!! :D Haha rant over. I hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for the next day of the challenge on Wednesday.



The rules are simple! You need at least 19 untried polishes, you can define untried anyway you like, and then HAVE FUN! You can do the challenge days in any order that you’d like. This is a great challenge for those of us a little busier around this time of year. Very chill and relaxed.


Remember to check out the other awesome ladies and their awesome art too!
~ Masha at Lost in Lacquer ~
~ Jonochi at Just Add Polish ~
~ Amanda at Designer Nail Accents ~
~ Amy at Fancy Side ~
~ Sam at Polished Art ~
~ Lizajane at Organic Neglect ~
Oh and PS! This definitely doesn’t mean I’m giving up on the “30 Day” challenge. It has clearly been way over 30 days and those posts are sporadic as it is. I will just be completing that in between this Challenge. Also, for those of you still reading ;), I will be having a GIVEAWAY soon to celebrate the end of the school year and the coming of Summer! YAY!
~Love Raine








6 comments:

  1. I love this. I just went for the straight color swatch for day 1. But I do want to try fun nail-art things through out the challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I thought a lot of us would do swatches (which are super pretty!) I just wanted to try something different and still stick with the one color. Can't wait to see what you do either!

      Delete
  2. This is a lot more creative than the simple swatch I did. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psh whatever. You're going to put us all to shame with your stamping magic. Thank you!

      Delete