Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Delicate Lace and Tribal Print!

Hey everyone! Since I am sooooo far behind in this challenge I have two different manis to show you today. So, this this post might be just a little longer than usual and with more pictures. But, it's all in good fun. I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone who follows, comments, or even visits my blog. I love doing this nail art and sharing it with everyone, and when I'm have a hard day, it's  to see this great community I am a part of. Thank you! :)

I also added some funky angles, just for fun. ;)

Outside - Natural Light



Inside - Flash



Outside - Flash


This is my first attempt at doing freehand lace and I kinda really like how they turned out! Yay Lace! The blue base is Essie Butler Please. I then painted on the Lace with OPI Skull & Glossbones with a really fine paintbrush. I used the same brush to add the little dots using A England Ascalon. It's all topped off with Seche Vite. I'll definitely try a similar manicure again soon!

Outside - Natural Light




Inside - Flash



This is the second mani. The challenge said tribal print, so I instantly thought of native face paint, this is what that image inspired. The base is the beautiful Illamasqua Bacterium, It's such a pretty tan color with a slight blue duochrome. I posted swatches of it after these cuz I like it so much! The zig-zags are OPI My Private Jet, the dots are A England Lady of the Lake, and the stripes in the middle are Zoya Stacy. I topped it all off with Julep's Freedom Polymer Top Coat, I actually really like it, it's really smooth and applies great!

Outside - Natural Light
(I think?)


Inside - Flash


Outside - Natural Light


To finish off this long post here is a swatch of just Illamasqua Bacterium. There is a slight duochrome to it, but you really can't tell from the photos, like I said before. The formula is very smooth and it has great coverage. I used two coats for these photos topped with Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

~Raine



No comments:

Post a Comment