Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Dark Side of the Moon

Hey all I'm back! Again :O... haha, I dd disappear again briefly, guess life just got away from me!! Even though I'm way off I refuse to give up on this challenge. I did the rainbow day challenge, took pics, wore it for a day or two, and just didn't like it as much as I thought I would. That's when I thought about doing the cover of Pink Floyd's dark side the moon album on my nails. Coincidentally Just after I did this I was at Jo's house, from Just Add Polish, and she was doing the same type of mani for inspired by a song day. Cool right? I guess great minds think alike! Sorry again for taking so long to post it, here you go!



I'm also sorry the pics don't have the best angle, by the time I realized just how bad the others came out I wasn't wearing the mani anymore. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as the base, and here are the colors on top:

Black: Venique Dominating Thigh Highs
Red: Zoya Gia
Orange: Zoya Arizona
Yellow: Zoya Pippa
Green: Ciate Mojito
Blue: Essence Let's Get Lost
Purple: Venique Biker Couture

For the pinky I used a home-made decal. If you'd like to see How to do that you can check out my friend Masha's decal tutorial or see her whole blog at Lost in Lacquer


Here's the album cover that inspired this manicure. Overall I think I like Jo's  nails a little more, but I like how mine turned out too :). Maybe next time I'll try her way!!

For those of you just a little curious here's what my nails were before I decided to go in a different direction:




 Kinda reminds me of kindergarten ^^.


Also, make sure you check out Masha's blog for her fantastic Enchanted polish Giveaway!! And I'll be doing my own when I'm done with this challenge so tuned!


Sorry for the long post, and don't worry, I already have a couple more lined up for the next couple days!

~Love Raine


2 comments:

  1. The colors you chose for the rainbow are perfect! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete